Sunday, September 16, 2012

I have a new job working at a warehouse, which I'm really happy about, but at the same time I'm losing out on time to work on my personal projects.  I'll have to see what I can come up with on my free time.  I'm still trying for the 100 portraits goal, and two Zbrush models on top of that.  I think I'll post the work in progress pics for the models on here that way there is something else to look at other then my portraits.

So let's see... to start off with I have been working with a character from the TMNT cartoons from when I was a kid.  Rocksteady is the subject right now, but I'm hoping to do more of my favorite characters from the series.  I've been a huge TMNT fan since I was a child, so this was bound to happen sooner or later.


Of course he needs a weapon as well so I've started on this rifle to go along with him.





The next model is a part of a modeling challenge that I started on, that I thought would be a big learning experience for me, and it has been.

Olympic boxing is the idea here.
I figure at this pace I'll get really good at character concepting.  I want to create my own characters, and when I get comfortable, my own animated short.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment