Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Portrait Progress 01

     I really didn't know what I was getting myself into when I decided to take on 100 portraits.  Right now I'm about to start number eight.  I am however learning a lot from the practice.   As of right now I have learned that I enjoy starting a project way more then finishing.  All of the fun for me is in the first 30 minutes of the project.  This is exactly why I'm doing this.  I know the reason I don't enjoy finishing as much, is because I don't know how to all that well; not as much as I want to anyhow.  I know I have decided to add on to my workload.  I'm going to start doing more academic studies of the face.  I'm going to try and study bones, muscle, proportions and wrinkles a little more.  This is going to force me to forget about the August deadline.  Now I won't set a deadline.  Instead, I'm just going to try to get it done quickly.  In other words, it'll be over when it's over, and the last mark has been made.


Here is what I have so far.







No comments:

Post a Comment